What to do in Kiev on Christmas and New Year 2018 – Celebration Program
What to do in Kiev on New Year 2018?
There are many exhibitions, fairs and festivals to be held during the festivities of New Year 2018 in Kiev.
For children, there is a large 40 meters high chain carousel at Mikhailivska Square.
The location of food courts will change compared to last year – they will be grouped as improvised quarters; in each quarter one can taste special kind of meals.
During the New Year holidays, public transport in the capital will work with extended schedule – 3 hours longer on New Year’s Eve, on January 1, and on Christmas Eve, on January 7, 2018. Funicular on New Year’s Eve will work around the clock.
Traditionally, the radio station Folk FM will work at Vladimirsky proezd, where Ukrainian artists announce their new songs and congratulate listeners with the holidays.
New Year and Christmas 2018: places to celebrate
St. Sophia Square
On December 30 from 6 to 11 pm – concert of musical groups of different genres;
On December 31, from 9 pm to 00.00 – festive concert of classical and modern music;
On January, 1st from 6 pm – New Year’s festivities;
January 6 from 6 to 10 pm – Christmas carols;
January 7 from 12:01 to 3 pm – Christmas procession of astrologers and Christmas concert.
Also you may visit St. Sophia Cathedral from inside with a private english-speaking guide of Guide me UA to admire the beauty of 11th century temple.
December 19 -January 14
St. Sophia, St. Michael’s Square, Vladimirsky proezd
During this period the Christmas town will work.
Within the framework of a large-scale cultural and artistic project, illumination festival with special art objects will be held.
Ice Age Festival
From December 15 to January 30 at 9.00
Tickets: 50 UAH
Winter sports park with snow slides, New Year zoo, spherical cinema, ice rink will operate. You can ride snow tubs or dog sleds and admire the beautiful flowers in the ice.
Guardians of Dreams (3D talent show)
Concert Hall of VDNKh
Tickets: 250 – 2499 UAH
Performances will be held daily from December 16, 2017 to January 14, 2018 at 12.01 pm
Children under 5 years old admission free (without providing a separate seat)
Starting from December 16, Concert Hall of VDNKh hosts Christmas 3D show for the whole family that has already become traditional – Guardians of Dreams by STB and StarLight Entertainment.
The most talented dancers, acrobats, gymnasts – finalists of popular television talent shows will gather again on the same stage. And modern 3D technologies will allow each guest to plunge into the magic of a good Christmas fairy tale.
This year the main choreographer of the show is Evgeniy Kot – super finalist of the show Dancing with the Stars. Evgeniy will also perform the role of the main villain on the stage – the Dragon. The idea of Guardians of Dreams belongs to Konstantin Tomilchenko and the director of the STB creative association Tala Onishchuk.
This is the best dance performance with 3D elements staged in Ukraine. It tells the story of the homeless boy Max, who on Christmas Eve meets a magical Cat – the Guardian of the Dream. Together, they protect the magic star; they have to overcome many difficulties, because the evil dragon wants to steal it. On the way, they meet good fairies and mighty creatures who help them keep the star from the villain.
New Year adventures in the Ice Kingdom
December 16 – January 14
Parents and children are welcome to enjoy New Year adventures in the Ice Kingdom – contests and quests with Santa Claus (Father of Frost).
Tickets: 799 UAH (all inclusive)
The entrance to the winter park is free. Also free entry is valid for entertainment events at the Christmas tree, the big warm fair Gift Corporation, summer art pavilion, showroom of Ukrainian designers, photo walls and food courts.
For other locations, a paid entry will cost from 20 UAH per ticket. It will be possible to purchase tickets on-site, payment only with a bankcard.
The Winter country was officially opened on December 16, but most of the entertainment venues are open for visit after December 9th.
- Castle of ice sculptures – here visitors will meet a huge dragon of colored ice, other fairy-tale heroes and a 25-meter ice slide.
- Warm food court Bavarian courtyard – here you can taste fragrant mulled wine with a German pretzel or hot German sausages with beer.
- Gallery and exhibition of 3D paintings – here you will find a special exposition of illusions, consisting of three-dimensional paintings.
- Living Dinosaurs Exhibition – exposition of the most bizarre creatures that once inhabited our planet; they are full-grown, they roar and move, imitating the behavior of ancient creatures.
- Warm Fair Gift Corporation – here you will find gifts for all the iconic winter dates: Christmas toys, Bengal lights, Christmas table candles, jewelry, decorative cosmetics, baby toys and sweets.
- Spherical cinema TELEPORT360 – spherical cinema that shows the best movies in its category, and ultramodern projection system of the cinema allows creating such an image as to surround the viewer with 360-degree video.
- Petting zoo Animal Park – here you can not only see what exotic animals look like, but also feed them or touch them.
- W8Less Showroom: Festive Coziness – here children can make a toy for Christmas tree and drink hot tea with cookies. In the meantime, parents have time to relax and choose the perfect outfit for the New Year holidays, and buy gifts for friends and relatives.
- Butterflies Planet. Tropical farm – here you will learn a lot of new and interesting about the most beautiful tropical insects in the world. You can make a photo with a butterfly on the shoulder.
- Country of Robots II – get ready for robots, drones show and air simulators.
- Swing park by Tri Vedmedya TM– 45 swings work here; you can enjoy any of them as much as you want.
- Sky Park – walk on the trees – the most unusual winter entertainment.
December 16 – January 14
Mariinsky Park will host Santa Town where mass entertainment will take place. Children will be able to meet with Santa Claus and his assistants.
December 19 – January 16
The ice rink along with the New Year’s and Christmas fairs was opened on December 19.
December 23 – January 14
Kreschaty Park, near the Arch of Friendship of Peoples
Get ready for New Year DJ-bazaar and All-Ukrainian kolyada (place of carols – City Garden, not far from the Summer stage).
December 23-24, 6-10 pm
Enjoy a festive concert and entertainment events.
Tales of the old Podil
December 26 – January 9
Kontraktova Square, square near the monument to Petro Sagaidachny
The park of fairy sculptures will work; playgrounds and attractions will be installed. You may also enjoy thematic fair.
5 hours before the New Year
International Center for Culture and Arts
Tickets: 300 – 600 UAH
December 31, 7 pm
Fireworks of the most beautiful melodies of Strauss, Tchaikovsky, Leontovich, world New Year and Christmas hits – get ready for all this on December 31 at the New Year’s concert with virtuoso musicians of the National Orchestra of Folk Instruments.
This evening musicians in festive costumes will bring you a truly festive New Year mood.
In anticipation of a romantic winter night, the organizers of the concert invite you to forget all the everyday things and plunge into the world of classical, popular easy music, enjoy the purity of sound, sophistication of compositions and a variety of emotions.
Contact Guide me UA to hire a Tour Guide in Kiev:
- +380 66 067 90 89 WhatsApp, Viber, SMS, Calls
- Skype: Guide me UA