Lychakiv Cemetery Tour
from €25per person
Grandiose and significant European necropolis
Lviv Lychakiv Cemetery Tour is a 2-hour walk with a Private Lviv Guide in a very unusual but interesting place.
Someone calls it an open-air museum, others – a necropolis. The cemetery was established back in 1786 by order of the authorities of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. This is one of the oldest cemeteries in Europe. Over 400 thousand people are buried here! Moreover, every monument, chapel or tombstone is a work of art.
At Lychakiv Cemetery, you can get acquainted with the history of the city through the graves of its most famous residents.
The main highlights of the Lviv Lychakiv Cemetery:
Among the most famous graves: Ivan Franko, famous Ukrainian writer, play writer, translator, ethnographer and poet; Solomiya Krushelnitska, prima of the La Scala theater and famous opera singer; Viktor Chukarin, athlete and gymnast who won more gold medals than all the Lviv athletes over the past 80 years together; Markiyan Shashkevych, writer and priest, one of the founders of the Rusinska Trinity organization; Igor Bilozir and Volodymyr Ivasyuk, Ukrainian composers and performers who were killed for political views and love for the Ukrainian language.
Here you will find wonderful combination of architecture styles that grave builders used. This is a real time travel to several architectural periods at a time.
2-hour Lviv Lychakiv Cemetery Tour will introduce you to the history and fate of people of the past.
Information on prices:
Lviv Underground Tour duration is 2 hours.
The cost of the tour:
- 1 person – € 65 per person
- 2 persons – € 35 per person
- 3 persons – € 25 per person
- 4 persons – € 20 per person
- 5 persons – € 17 per person
- 6 persons – € 15 per person
- 7 persons – € 14 per person
- 8 persons – € 13 per person
- To calculate the price for bigger group, please contact us.
We accept payment in EUR, as well as in USD and UAH at the exchange rate at the time of payment.
Please note that the price includes:
- – pick up,
- – services of a private English-speaking guide,
- – entrance fees to museums,
- – drop off.
After 2 hours, each additional hour of the private guide services is €20.
- ▪ We charge 50% of your order online (refundable up to 48 hours notice) and 50% you pay in cash during a meeting with a guide.
- ▪ If you apply less than 24 hours before the tour, you can pay the entire amount in cash, but we can’t guarantee the availability of guides.
IncludeDrop offPick up from the hotelEntry FeesEnglish-speaking Guide