from €25per person
A historic Orthodox Christian monastery Kiev Pechersk Lavra.
Almost a thousand years ago, the Dnieper Jerusalem was destined to become the spirit that gave birth to the Pechersk Lavra. This is where the powerful monasticism of the Kievan Rus rose and where the incorruptible relics of more than a hundred saints rest starting from the first centuries after the Christianization of the country.
There is no other such place on the planet with so many relics as Lavra
And it all began in 1051, when the monk Anthony settled here in the old cave, which he and other monks later expanded. Today this underground space is a part of the Far Caves.
The territory of the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra is about 30 hectares and it is surrounded by secrets and legends. More than 50 million people from all over the world have visited Kiev Pechersk Lavra. It’s a powerful spiritual landmark, the most honored Orthodox church in Eastern Europe and it is inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. So, according to this, Lavra Monastery is №1 in our must-see list.
The complex includes 16 churches, two underground cave systems are divided into two parts — The Far and The Near Caves where there are relics of about 120 saints, a central cathedral, seminary, and a tall bell tower.
2-hour private walking tour with a local guide will give you a deep cultural experience and will consist of Kiev Pechersk Lavra Monastery, The Great Lavra Bell Tower, The Caves and The Museum of Micro Miniatures.
Information on prices:
Lavra tour duration is 2 hours. To learn more about the tour, click on the Tour Plan tab.
The cost of the tour:
- 1 person – € 65 per person
- 2 persons – € 35 per person
- 3 persons – € 25 per person
- 4 persons – € 20 per person
- 5 persons – € 20 per person
- 6 persons – € 20 per person
- 7 persons – € 20 per person
- 8 persons – € 20 per person
- To calculate the price for bigger group, please contact us.
We accept payment in EUR, as well as in USD and UAH at the exchange rate at the time of payment.
Please note that the price includes:
- – pick up from your accommodation,
- – drop off
- – tickets to the territory of Kiev Pechersk Lavra
- – services of private English-speaking guide.
- – Lavra Bell Tower – 60 UAH (2 Euro) per person
- – Museum of miniatures – 50 UAH (2 Euro) per person (closed on Tuesdays)
Local guides enter many attractions free of charge, but where you require your guide to accompany you into any attractions, you may be asked to cover the guide’s costs as well as your own.
Good to know:
- – no shorts or short skirts are allowed
- – women should have a kerchief or a scarf to cover the head
After 2 hours, each additional hour of the private guide services is €17.
- ▪ We charge 50% of your order online (refundable up to 48 hours notice) and 50% you pay in cash during a meeting with a guide.
- ▪ If you apply less than 24 hours before the tour, you can pay the entire amount in cash, but we can’t guarantee the availability of guides.
Departure TimeOn request
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes.
IncludeDrop offPick up from the hotelEntry FeesEnglish-speaking Guide
The Church of Trinity
The Dormition Cathedral
The Great Bell Tower
The Lavra Caves
The Museum of Micro Miniatures