Jewish Heritage Tour
from €43per person
Driving tour with main Jewish sights in English
It is difficult to overestimate the contribution made by the representatives of the Jewish community to the development of the city of Kiev in the late XIX – early XX centuries. They loved this city very much, and wanted to make it modern and beautiful. Therefore, they spent a lot of money and energy for its improvement. In addition, all Kiev Jews were widely involved in charity: they built schools and hospitals for the poor, where poor people of any faith were helped free of charge. They set up canteens where they fed disadvantaged people at their own expense.
Driving Tour with all key Jewish sights of Kyiv
Majority of Kiev merchants of the first guild were Jews. These are well-known sugar producers – sugar kings Lazar Brodsky and his brother Lev Brodsky, Simha Lieberman, Marcus Sachs, Jonah Zaitsev and his son Markus Zaitsev, Moses Halperin, Yakov Polyakov. All these merchants contributed to creation and construction of the Kiev Polytechnic Institute, because they needed highly qualified sugar industry engineers.
During the Jewish Heritage Tour, you will also find out where the famous politician Golda Meir was born. We will also visit Babyn Yar and learn about the tragedy that took the lives of thousands of Jews.
You will analyze the historical events of that time and understand the causes of the Jewish pogroms, as well as hear about the sensational case of Beilis.
You will visit Rosenberg Synagogue and Brodsky Synagogue, as well as the mansions of Lieberman and Gorodetsky.
Information on prices:
Jewish Heritage Tour duration is 3 hours. You will see: Rosenberg Synagogue, Bessarabian Market, Golda Meir House in Kiev, Brodsky Synagogue, Lieberman House, Babyn Yar.
The cost of the tour:
- 1 person – € 85 per person by car Toyota Corolla/€ 110 by Mercedes-Benz
- 2 persons – € 45 per person by car Toyota Corolla/€ 55 by Mercedes-Benz
- 3 persons – € 43 per person by van
- 4 persons – € 33 per person by van
- 5 persons – € 27 per person by van
- 6 persons – € 22 per person by van
- 7 persons – € 21 per person by van
- 8 persons – € 19 per person by van
- To calculate the price for bigger group, please contact us.
We accept payment in EUR, as well as in USD and UAH at the exchange rate at the time of payment.
Please note that the price includes:
- – pick up from your accommodation,
- – transportation,
- – services of private English-speaking guide.
Local guides enter many attractions free of charge, but where you require your guide to accompany you into any attractions, you may be asked to cover the guide’s costs as well as your own.
After 3 hours, each additional hour by private Car with the driver and guide is €35.
▪ We charge 50% of your order online (refundable up to 48 hours notice) and 50% you pay in cash during a meeting with a guide.
▪ If you apply less than 24 hours before the tour, you can pay the entire amount in cash, but we can’t guarantee the availability of guides.
IncludeDrop offPick up from the hotelEntry FeesEnglish-speaking Guide
Golda Meir House in Kiev