Gambling in Ukraine – Ukrainian Parliament decided to legalize Casino Business again
The draft law introduces comprehensive regulation of the gambling market in Ukraine
The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine supported draft law No. 2285-d “On state regulation of the organization and conduct of gambling” as the basis in the first reading.
260 members of Parliament supported the document.
The draft law introduces comprehensive regulation of the gambling market in Ukraine and exclusive list of gambling activities permitted in Ukraine.
Highlights of the law about Casinos in Ukraine
The provision on the possibility of locating slot machine halls and betting shops in separate buildings is excluded. Gaming machines are allowed to be placed only in hotels.
The draft low introduces system for licensing gambling activities with a differentiated fee for licenses depending on the type of activity, location of a gambling establishment and the like; stringent requirements are established for the financial condition of gambling organizers in order to ensure their financial stability and ensure payment of winnings.
The document establishes special requirements for the compliance of gambling equipment used for gambling with generally accepted international standards; the basis is being created for introducing restrictions on the activities of operators that are not registered in Ukraine and do not have appropriate license.
You may also like the article: Casinos in Kiev. Is gambling legal in Ukraine?
It should be stressed that they plan to increase minimum age of gambler – from 18 to 21, as well as establish requirements for gamers and their identification, which will help to prevent the negative consequences of participation in gambling, in particular, persons under the age of 21, and tough financial sanctions for failure to comply with such requirements. The draft law suggests creating a register of self-restrictions of persons and of those who have other restrictions imposed. As a result, the future law makes it possible to limit participation of certain person in gambling for a period of 6 months to 3 years.
The bill provides that regulation in the field of gambling is carried out by a special body – the Commission for the Development and Regulation of Gambling, which is subordinate to the Cabinet of Ministers. The domain of competence of the commission includes licensing of gambling organizers, maintaining relevant registers, establishing requirements for certification of relevant gambling equipment.
The document introduces online monitoring system, which will allow for state control of the activities of the organizers of gambling by receiving data from the gaming equipment of the organizers of gambling, which is connected to a single system.
The document also stipulates the creation of a special Fund in the state budget to support medicine, sports and culture.
In addition, restrictions on the advertising of gambling are established; in particular, bill bans outdoor advertising, except for signage, and imposes restrictions on all other types of advertising.
Regulation of selected gambling activities
1) casino gambling establishments: limited casino operation mode is established, including locating facilities exclusively on the territory of buildings of five-star hotels with appropriate number of rooms for different territories; at this the area of such institutions should be at least 500 square meters;
2) betting and gambling online: the draft law authorizes betting activity online or in betting shops. In addition, the bill establishes special requirements for gaming equipment and its certification for betting shops;
3) gambling online, certified online system and mandatory connection to the online monitoring system, website with .UA domain and the ability of each player to set voluntary restrictions on money and time are provided;
4) slot machines: limit on the number of slot machines is established – up to 40,000. The right to place these machines is exercised through electronic auctions with reference to the corresponding territory. The bill also sets requirements for slot machine halls (only in three, four and five star hotels).
5) lotteries: the bill suggests three licenses for the issue and holding of lotteries, which is used in many countries of the European Union and other foreign countries to stimulate the development of the lottery market. Such an approach will make it possible to attract large international companies in the field of lottery activities, introduce generally accepted international standards, attract investment in the country’s economy, increase the confidence of players in the field of lottery activities, etc.;
6) poker: allowed online; the draft law sets requirements for premises and special rules for holding poker tournaments.
Now it is difficult to say exactly when casino will be allowed in 5* Hotels in Ukraine, since the bill is still being finalized. However, we can certainly hope that gambling business will again become more open and legal in Ukraine.
In 2010, Ukraine completely banned gaming activities and all casinos were closed.
Yes, if you travel to Ukraine in 2020, you can visit the casino, there are none, even in 5 star hotels. However, you can enjoy nightlife Of Ukraine:
You may also like the article: Kyiv Nightlife in 2020: Prices and Popular Kyiv Bars
Book Local Guides in Ukraine:
- +380660679089 (whatsapp)