35 must-do things in Kiev
Regardless of whether you are tourist or local, here is a list of interesting things to do in Kiev.
- Try the famous Kiev cake; you can buy it on Khreshchatyk street.
- Drink prosecco on the shore of the Kiev Sea.
- Get inside the soap bubble in the Water Museum.
- Walk the longest bridge along the Dripro River – Paton Bridge, its length is 1543m.
- Sit in Saint Nicholas Roman Catholic Cathedral in Kiev and listen to the organ concert with the orchestra.
- Walk through the wardrobe in the only museum of famous writer Mikhail Bulgakov.
- Count the stairs on your way to the Castle Hill – on the Andreevsky Descent.
- Play chess with local grandmasters in Taras Shevchenko Park.
- Count the stars in the Kiev Planetarium.
- Ride on the funicular, which by the way was the second funicular (first in Odessa) to be constructed in the territory of the former Russian Empire.
- Climb 374 steps to reach the top of the Great Lavra Bell Tower.
- Find out how the clouds appear in Experementanium – a new scientific and entertainment center (2a Verkhniy Val str.).
- Catch tram #12 on Kontraktova square and go to Pushcha-Voditsa.
- Go up the Grushevsky street to the Kiev Puppet Theater that was built in Disney Castle style.
- See the Golden Gates at least once.
- See all the sights of the city in one place – in Kiev in Miniature park, which is located in Hydropark near the Mlyn restaurant.
- Put a strain on your eyes examining the savory flea and the chessboard in the Museum of Miniatures.
- Walk along the Walk of Fame on the Baikove cemetery and for a long time wonder how the architect Miletsky could come up with a project of a local crematorium.
- Climb the Motherland Monument and wait until it strikes the sword on the shield at midnight.
- Risk your health and eat Kiev perepichka (a deep fried donut with a sausage inside) or better two at once (3 Khmelnitsky street).
- Trying to look like you understand, look at the exhibits at the Art Museum of named after Bogdan and Varvara Khanenko.
- Do archery, shoot the catapult, fight with swords and do other knightly nonsense in the Kievan Rus Park.
- See contemporary art in one of the largest European exhibition complexes – Mystetsky Arsenal.
- Find and get inside one of the oldest houses in Kiev – Chocolate House, also known as Mogilevtsev’s Mansion, also it was the central registry office before the construction of the famous triangle on Victory Avenue.
- Taste pancakes in Shevchenko Park near the O’Panas restaurant.
- Walking near the mills and Ukrainian huts in Pirogovo.
- Go to one of the city events on Vozdvizhenka: until recently, the street and the square were considered a “dead area”, and now there are numerous fairs, flea markets and large-scale picnics organized on weekends.
- Go to the House with Chimeras (10 Bankova Street) that was built according to the project of Gorodetsky on the shore of the drained Goat Marsh.
- Wander through the Lavra caves with a candle in your hands.
- Pass the entire “pipe” from Khreshchatyk metro station to Maidan Nezalezhnosti metro station and at the end listen to the elderly woman singing Ave Maria.
- Eat Ukrainian borsch in Mlyn – one of the old restaurants in Kiev.
- Watch one of the football matches at the Olympic NSC. Or also worth to see the empty stadium, we will help you to get there, just order Old Town Sightseeing Tour and we will include visiting to Olympic NSC under your request.
- Walk along the Landscape (ukr. Peisazhna) alley, and watch the sunset and the panorama of the city sitting on mosaic benches.
- Study the evolutionary tree and find your ancestors in the Zoological Museum.
- Go out of the University metro station and go deeper into the Fomin Botanical Garden, one of the oldest botanical gardens of our country.
Or you can do only one thing – book our private city tour with friendly local guides and we will make your stay memorable.
Contact Guide me UA to order private city tours in Kiev:
- +380 66 067 90 89 WhatsApp, Viber, SMS, Calls
- Skype: Guide me UA