2018 UEFA Champions League final: Where to buy Tickets and What to do in Kyiv
Official website of the Football Federation of Ukraine offers some details about buying Tickets for the Champions League Final, which will be held in Kiev.
Applications will be accepted from 15 to 22 March, and the same dates the prices for tickets will become known.
UEFA Champions League Tickets
The sale of tickets will also begin in March; one can purchase tickets only on the official website of UEFA.
To purchase a ticket, you should have an account on the UEFA website, and send application, indicating which category of tickets you are interested in and whether you agree to participate in the drawing of more expensive or cheaper tickets if the selected ones are not available.
It is also necessary to indicate the number of the bank card the funds will be debited from in the event that the application is successful.
Champions League Final will be held in Kiev on May 26 at the NSC Olympic stadium. The game starts at 21:45 Kiev time.
UEFA Champions League Final 2018 Official Ball
Previously, the public was given the official photo of the ball, which will be used for final game of the Champions League.
By tradition, balls for the matches of the Champions League are manufactured by Adidas.
As a result of the draw of the 1/8 finals of the Champions League, the Ukrainian club Shakhtar meets Italian Roma.
NSC Olympic Stadium in Kiev
- The stadium located in the center of Kiev on the slopes of Cherepanova Hill, was opened on August 12, 1923 to hold the Second All-Ukrainian Olympics; the first name of the site was “Red Stadium named after Lev Trotsky”. A year later, Trotsky’s name was removed from the title. Kiev team “Zheldor” (now “Locomotive”) held home matches here.
- In 1934, Kiev received the status of the capital of the Ukrainian SSR; this resulted in decision to renew the city main stadium. The opening ceremony of the Republican Stadium was scheduled for June 22, 1941, but because of the War and the German occupation, it had to be postponed until 1944. However, the Germans opened a stadium in 1942 and held matches there.
- In the 60’s the stadium was renamed Central Stadium, and its capacity exceeded 100 thousand visitors. Over 102 000 fans witnessed the victory of Dynamo Kyiv over Bayern Munich in the UEFA Cup-1975 Super Cup. The brace of Oleg Blokhin resulted in Kyivans’ victory in return game – 2:0.
- Before the 1980 Olympics, the stadium underwent another reconstruction and again got the name Republican. During the Olympic Games, seven matches of the football tournament, including the quarterfinals were held here.
- The stadium got its present name back in 1996. For today it is the main arena of the Ukrainian national team, and in recent years it has hosted home matches of the Dynamo Kyiv.
- The last of the reconstructions was carried out before the final stage of EURO-2012. Olympic Stadium hosted five matches of the European Championship, including the Final.
Weather in Kiev in May 2018
In May, it’s really warm in Kiev: spring is in the air. In the afternoon it warms up to average of +18°C, at night to +13° C. In the last decade of the month, the temperature rises up to 20-degree mark and confidently overcomes it. It is noticeably cooler in the evenings and during rains.
The monthly rainfall is 53 mm. There are about 7 rainy days in Kiev in May. It can rain for a day or several days in row. Usually these are not showers, but light and moderate precipitation. However, some deviations from the norm are possible. In May, it is always worth checking the short-term weather forecast in Kiev.
There are 16 sunny days in a month, which is much more than in April and even more so in March. If you’re lucky, the sky will be cloudless throughout the entire journey.
The light day is gradually increasing: in the beginning of May it lasts 14.7 hours, at the end it is 16 hours. At the same time, another indicator is growing: the number of hours of sunshine. In May, Kiev receives 10.2 such hours.
In the last month of spring everything is blooming and the city is filled with colors. It is full of chestnuts, bird cherries, lilacs. Mixed with greens it looks great. End of May is a good time for walking around the city and visiting excursions.
In late May, the temperature can reach +25°C, and even more.
What to do in Kiev?
If you come to watch the Champions League Final and want to stay for a few days to see the city, its sights, to visit good restaurants, to taste Ukrainian food and enjoy the Kiev Night life, you make the right decision.
You may also take a local to show you around – its the best way to know the city. Link to hire a Kiev local guide is HERE.
For any foreign tourists, especially for those from Western Europe and America, Kiev is a fantastically cheap city. For a gorgeous dinner for two in one of the best restaurants in Kiev, when ordering oysters and French wine, you pay no more than 50 euros. And if you want to eat as cheaply as possible, then the lowest price in a public catering for two for a very hearty lunch will be no more than 6 euros. With such prices, you can afford absolutely everything that you could not afford in Paris or Rome. But you should remember that the service and places (hotels, restaurants, café, etc.) are in no way inferior.
Some photos from the Kiev restaurants:
Since the weather will be warm, about +25°C, be sure to take a walk in the city center and visit the main sights, such as the Kiev Pechersk Lavra, St. Sophia Cathedral, the Motherland Statue, Maidan, Khreshchatyk Street.
Where to stay in Kiev:
Contacts to order Private City Tour in Kyiv with a local:
- +380 66 067 90 89 WhatsApp, Viber, SMS, Calls
- Skype: Guide me UA